Contact Center & FAQs
Struggling to locate a product on our site? Didn't find the info you need in our FAQ? Reach out to us – we're eager to assist!
Why should I purchase from Heart Punch Munitions?
Choosing Heart Punch Munitions means selecting a trusted partner in the world of holsters and concealed carry gear. Here's why you should choose us:
1. Unwavering Commitment to Quality: We are dedicated to crafting Kydex holsters of the highest quality. Our commitment to precision and craftsmanship ensures that you receive a reliable and durable product. We don't just create holsters; we consider ourselves Kydex artists. Each holster is a work of art, designed and crafted with care.
2. Customer-Centric Approach: We understand your needs because we are customers too. Every product we create and sell is one that we use ourselves in both our professional and recreational lives.
3. Concealment and Comfort: We know the importance of concealability and comfort in everyday carry. Our holsters are designed to keep you concealed and comfortable all day long.
4. Superior Craftsmanship: Our holsters are vacuum formed, CNC cut, and meticulously hand buffed and polished. This level of detail and care ensures tight tolerances, a secure fit, and a polished appearance.
5. Quick Delivery: We understand the urgency of personal safety. Our lead time is one (1) to three (3) weeks, and we work diligently to get your product to you as quickly as possible.
7. Customer Trust: Many responsible citizens trust our holsters to equip them for the unexpected. Join our community of satisfied customers who rely on our gear to protect themselves and their loved ones.
Choose Heart Punch Munitions and experience the difference. Your safety and satisfaction are our top priorities.
WHAT IS KYDEX ?
Kydex is a thermoplastic originally made in 1965 for use in aircraft interiors. In the late 1960s people realized that Kydex sheets can be molded and manipulated into any number of shapes, by heating and molding around forms. Today it is used in a wide variety of applications from safety helmets to truck fenders to airliner overhead compartments.
Is Kydex Better Than Leather?
Kydex and leather holsters are two popular options for carrying firearms, and each has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Here's a comparison of Kydex holsters versus leather holsters:
1. Durability: Kydex is a thermoplastic material known for its durability. It's resistant to moisture, chemicals, and UV exposure, making it less prone to wear and tear over time.
2. Retention: Kydex holsters typically offer excellent firearm retention. They maintain their shape and provide consistent retention throughout their lifespan.
3. Adjustability: Kydex holsters often have adjustable retention screws, allowing users to fine-tune the level of retention to their preference.
4. Maintenance: Kydex holsters are easy to clean and maintain. They can be wiped clean with a damp cloth and require minimal upkeep.
5. Consistency: Kydex holsters provide a consistent draw, making them a reliable choice for quick access to your firearm.
6. Holstering: Kydex holsters maintain their shape even when the firearm is removed, making it easier to reholster one-handed.
7. Lightweight: Kydex holsters are generally lightweight, which can enhance comfort for all-day carry.
1. Comfort: Leather holsters are often praised for their comfort, especially for those who carry their firearm all day. Leather tends to conform to the body over time.
2. Aesthetics: Leather holsters are considered more traditional and may be preferred for their classic appearance.
3. Moldability: Leather holsters can be molded to fit a specific firearm model, which can enhance retention and provide a custom fit.
Moisture: Kydex is more moisture-resistant, making it a better choice for humid or wet environments.
Maintenance: Leather holsters require more maintenance, including periodic oiling to maintain their shape and condition.
Cost: Kydex holsters are often more affordable than high-quality leather holsters.
Preference: The choice between Kydex and leather holsters often comes down to personal preference. Some users prioritize durability and easy maintenance, while others prioritize comfort and aesthetics.
Ultimately, the choice between Kydex and leather holsters depends on your individual needs, preferences, and the specific context in which you plan to carry your firearm. It's important to weigh the pros and cons of each material and select the one that best aligns with your priorities for concealed carry.
Inside-the-Waistband (IWB) vs. Outside-the-Waistband (OWB)?
OWB holsters are generally more comfortable and offer faster access to your firearm, making them popular for open carry and range use. IWB holsters are ideal for concealed carry, offering better concealment at the cost of potential comfort adjustments and slightly slower draw speeds. The choice between OWB and IWB ultimately comes down to your personal preference, clothing choices, and the context in which you intend to carry your firearm.
Maintaining your Kydex holster is relatively straightforward and can help ensure its longevity and functionality. Here are some steps to properly maintain your Kydex holster:
1. Regular Cleaning: Periodically clean your holster to remove dust, dirt, and debris. Use a soft cloth or a damp sponge or rag to wipe down the interior and exterior of the holster. Avoid using harsh chemicals that could damage the Kydex material.
2. Inspect for Wear: Regularly inspect your holster for signs of wear, cracks, or stress marks. Pay particular attention to areas where the firearm makes contact with the Kydex, as these areas may experience more wear over time. Also, if in fact there are cracks in your holster please reach out to us for warranty work.
3. Check Retention: Ensure that the holster's retention is still effective. If the retention has loosened over time, our Kydex holsters have adjustable retention screws that allow you to tighten or loosen the fit. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for making adjustments.
4. Lubrication (for Holster Hardware): If your holster uses screws or other hardware for adjustments, applying a small amount of gun-safe lubricant or threadlocker to the threads can help prevent them from loosening over time. Be careful not to over-tighten.
5. Avoid Extreme Temperatures: Kydex will become malleable in very high temperatures, so avoid leaving your holster in direct sunlight or extreme heat for extended periods. High temperatures can cause the holster to lose its shape or become less effective.
By following these maintenance tips and regularly inspecting your Kydex holster, you can help ensure that it remains in good condition and functions reliably for years to come.
WHAT IS LEAD TIME? WHEN AND HOW OFTEN DOES IT CHANGE?
Please see our Lead Time/Inventory Page
DO YOU HAVE PROMOTIONS OR COUPON CODES?
Yes! We send them out at random to those who've signed for our newsletter. If you have not done so, we would suggest signing up for our newsletter.
WHAT IS YOUR NEWSLETTER AND WILL I BE INUDATED WITH EMAILS?
We use our newsletter to advise our subscribers of new product releases, new available Kydex colors and prints, sales and discount codes. Our future plans for the newsletter is to create an interactive platform, allowing us to speak directly to our subscribers and our subscribers speak to us in return.
So inundated with emails? No, our intention is to only reach out when we have something to say.
WILL MY AFTERMARKET MODIFCATIONS FIT IN THE HOLSTER?
We always recommended you contacting us first if you have made after market modifications to your firearm. This includes non-factory slide cuts for optics, slide windows, trigger guard undercuts and oversized parts like mag releases or slide locks. We will not be responsible if the aftermarket options does not allow for the firearm to holster and or damage to holsters or parts if you haven't contacted us prior to ordering.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I DON'T SEE MY EXACT GUN OR LIGHT MODEL/SUB-MODEL ON THE DROP DOWN LIST?
If you do not see your firearm, we do not make holster for it at this time.
WHAT MOUNTING OPTION SHOULD I CHOOSE?
We recommend using the proper hardware for the right application and to wear them the way that the manufacturer intended them to be worn. All of our mounting options are designed to be worn on a belt except for the Ulti-Clip XL.
1. FOMI: Made to fit 1.5" belts.
2. Monoblock Clip: Made of metal. Fits 1.5" belts.
3. Quickclip Overhook: Made to fit 1.5" belts - Adjustable Ride Height, slight can’t and tuckable- Primarily used for appendix carry.
4. ULTI-Clip: Adjustable Ride Height and Cant - Tuckable - Designed to be worn without a belt but, can also be worn with a belt. Locks onto thin materials like leggings, sweats, basketball shorts and or thicker materials like jeans.
5. Soft Loop: Made to fit 1.5" and 1.75" belts - Adjustable Cant 360° - Must be worn with a belt.
1. Combat Loop: Made to fit 1.5" - 2.25" belts - Adjustable Cant - Most commonly used for police duty belts or competition set ups.
2. FOMI: FOR MAG CARRIERS: Made to fit 1.5” belts - Non-Adjustable.
3. MOLLE-LOK: For all MOLLE applications.
4. Paddle: Made to be worn inside of the pants.
5. TEK-LOK: Made to fit 1.5" - 2.25" belts - Adjustable Cant - Most commonly used for police duty belts or competition set ups.
WHERE ARE YOUR HOLSTERS SOLD?
HOW ARE YOUR HOLSTERS RATED?
A holster with friction or adjustable retention would be considered level 1
A holster with a mechanical retention device such a button or ALS hood which needs to be defeated prior to the firearm exiting the holsters would be considered level 2
HOW DO I CANCEL OR MODIFY MY ORDER?
Please review our Return Policy page, located at the bottom of our website.
I LIVE IN LAS VEGAS. INSTEAD OF YOU SHIPPING THE PRODUCT TO ME, CAN I MEET YOU SOMEWHERE FOR DELIVERY?
No, we do not deliver products. All orders received will be shipped out to the customer.
HOW CAN I VISIT THE SHOP?
Unfortunately, the Heart Punch Munitions shop is not open to the public.
WHAT’S THE TRANSACTION PROCESS IF I WERE TO BUY A HOLSTER FROM YOU AT A GUN SHOW? DO I HAVE A WARRANTY?
All purchases will receive a hand written receipt unless it was a Square transaction in which Square sends the recipient of purchase electronically.
Those who receive a hand written receipt will be instructed to send an email to email@example.com with the red number at the bottom of the hand written receipt. Upon receipt of the email, we will send you an HPM invoice with correlating order numbers.
Warranty? Absolutely! We warranty all of our work. However the receipt is required to initiate any warranty claims.
I BOUGHT A HOLSTER FROM YOU AT THE GUN SHOW AND I DID NOT RECEIVE AN RECEIPT. WHAT DO I DO?
We apologize, however that’s not possible.